The Dawani name in Bahrain goes back two generations. Our grandfather, the late Khalil Murtaza Dawani established a foodstuff trading company in 1900. The shop was located at No. 46, on Qassim Al Mehza Road in Manama just off Shaikh Abdulla Road.
Goods were imported from the UK, Holland, Denmark, India, etc. and sold & distributed throughout Bahrain and also exported to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, UAE and Oman.
Since this time, our family has continued to build on what our forefathers created, and with our hard work and focus, we have continued to successfully grow in the wider direction of food – in both retail and distribution of all types of food products, as well as expanding in property, real estate, education, trading and manufacturing.